Friday, May 30, 2014

Review: The Devil's Contract by Claire Contreras

Do you ever come across a book that you just devour and cannot get enough of.. a book that makes you feel like a crack friend and you will do anything to get your hands on any morsel of information about the next book??  Well for me this is it!  Claire Contreras sucked me into this book and it grabbed me like no book has this year! This is definitely on the top of my best of list!

 
 
He gave them a choice.

She took it.

He made her promise two years.

She should have known there was a catch.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20931237-the-devil-s-contract?from_search=true



http://amzn.to/1o86fMAhttp://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-devils-contract-claire-contreras/1119607115?ean=2940149183159
http://bit.ly/1ti3WI6





 “She signed on every dotted line she was told, and knew that in that moment she’d sealed her fate with the devil.”

I have to say Claire Contreras is a freaking evil genius! The synopsis for The Devil’s Contract is the shortest synopsis I’ve ever seen and that makes me even more curious about it… Then she drops only little blurbs here and there to entice us with… again… evil genius! Then when TDC was released I could not wait to get my hands on it! I devoured it in less than 24 hours! And in true Claire Contreras fashion she did not disappoint! Words cannot express how much I loved this book. In my opinion, it’s the best book of the year! If you were to take suspense, heartbreak, angst and throw in some hot sex… bam… you get The Devil’s Contract. It gutted me and left me wanting more. I love it when a book tangles a carrot out there for you to enjoy and savor and leaves you wanting more. I literally feel like a crack fiend and want to go back and re-read this amazing piece of work! Even though there is a second book coming out in a few short months I felt this was a fabulous and jaw dropping ending to this book. I simply floved it (translation fucking loved it… floved!)!! The author reveals just enough to satisfy my appetite for angst and I will be counting down the days until I get my next fix!

Like any family, The Maloof’s have their skeletons in the closet… but with more money comes bigger skeletons. When Amara’s father goes into a large amount of debt, she agrees to work for a family friend, Phillip, in Paris to pay off the debt in exchange for her Mother to get care for her cancer. That is the one thing that she focuses on … getting her mother better. She has cut ties to her father due to the mess he put their family in. The hardest part though for Amara is leaving Colin, her unofficial boyfriend. They have been there for each other for years and their chemistry and passion was off the charts. Their relationship didn’t need labels, they knew they had each other. She knew it would break Colin’s heart to leave but she had to do this for her mother. The only hard part was she could not tell anyone about the deal she made.
“His brown eyes had been the source of her sanity. Amara drank them in, the way he looked at her with such passion, such hunger. Like she was the only woman worth looking at. Now that she knew their time together was so short, she hated herself for taking it all for granted.”

Amara should have known better to trust Phillip to but her to work where she could utilize her marketing degree. For the sake of her Mother, she agrees to her job and knows that it will give her Mother the best treatments available. The deeper she gets into Phillip’s business dealings the more shady the business gets. While in Paris, she discovers that life stateside moves on without her. She receives an email from Colin that his father has passed away and he is getting married to someone else. While it seems Amara’s life is crumbing around her my heart broke for her. She sacrifices her happiness and her life to save her Mother and she is left alone in a foreign country will no real friends.
“Happiness is but a dream. Life has very little to do with happiness it hands you, and everything to do with the happiness you choose to create.”

There are more twist and turns to this story and I don’t want to give any of it away and spoil the story for you. I was immersed in this story of who do you trust and who is telling the truth. My heart broke for Amara and so many levels.. for her mom… for her lost love… for her happiness. I was gutted when those little pieces start to sort out and it left me wanting to know more! There are so many theories on how this story can end in The Sinners Bargain that my head is spinning… but again I crave it, I cannot wait for it!! I bow down to the master that is Claire Contreras! This story just touched me on so many levels and pulled me into their story. This book IS MY FAVORITE BOOK OF THE YEAR! If I could give it 10 stars I would!





Claire Contreras graduated with her BA in Psychology from Florida International University. She was born in the Dominican Republic and raised in Miami, Fl, where she currently resides with her husband, two boys, and two American Bulldogs.

Life is short, and it’s more bitter than sweet, so she tries to smile as often as her face allows. She enjoys stories with happy endings, because life is full of way too many unhappy ones.

  
https://www.facebook.com/CContrerasBookshttps://twitter.com/clariconhttp://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6655354.Claire_Contrerashttp://www.clairecontreras.com/


 Other books from Claire Contreras