Friday, November 7, 2014

Review: Forgiving Reed by C.A. Harms

ForgivingReed Tour Banner
 
Forgiving Reed (Southern Boys #1
by C.A. Harms
Publication Date: October 13, 2014
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
 

Forgiving Reed Cover

 
Kori suffered a great loss, one that left her feeling so desolate and alone, that she believed nothing would ever fill the void… The only thing that kept her going was the one little piece of joy she still had in her life, her baby boy, Rhett. She had no choice but to move forward and give her son the best life she could. Which meant moving back home. Except there was one problem Home was where Reed would be… The man who once held her heart, then shattered it into a million pieces. Grieving the loss of Rhett's dad, and learning to forgive those who have betrayed her, Kori was battling it all. But will she ever have the strength to forgive Reed?

Add to Goodreads
 
 
 
Forgiving Reed was a story about young love that was lost because of a mistake, a mistake that cost Reed the love of his life.  But with loss comes redemption and that is what happens with this story. I found myself glued to my kindle while reading about Reed and Kori's story.  I would give this book a 4 star.  I will most definitely be recommending this to others.  This is the first story that I have read by C.A. Harms but I plan on reading more from her in the future.  Oh and the cover of this book was seriously hot!  I love me a sexy cowboy!  This story does have a wicked twist at the beginning that left my heart shattered a bit so you will need a few tissues but C.A. will put those shattered bits back together.  This is a standalone and even though its a roller coster ride there is an HEA and I am grateful for that.. I think I have had my fill of cliffy's for a while!
 
Kori thought she found the love of her life when she met Reed, but they were young and Reed made a huge mistake that pushed Kori away.  Kori was devastated but found her self going to college and after a year she met Blake.  Blake showed Kori how to love again and they were planning there future together and when Kori found out she was pregnant there love was even stronger...but tragedy strikes and Kori finds herself back where it all began...in her hometown trying to pick up her shattered and broken heart after loosing another love of her life.  She's not sure she will ever love another again..
 
The loss of Blake was tearing me apart.  I didn't know how to come back from this.  How did you carry on when you felt so vacant and destroyed?  When you felt like half your soul was missing?- Kori
 
When Reed shows back up in her life it will turn her world upside down once again.
 
Reed knew he made a huge mistake in his past when he gave up Kori, but he was young and stupid and now that she was back in town he was going to prove to her that he is a different man and that he never stopped loving her.. 
 
"Baby, I have waited for a second chance with you.  I won't lie and say I didn't try to get over you, but it was impossible.  There is only one Kori, one girl who stole my heart.  Do you actually think I am gonna take a chance of losing you again?"- Reed
 
There is only one problem Kori's heart is broken and Reed doesn't know how to show his love for her when she is still grieving.. will Kori finally be able to forgive Reed for his past indiscretion?  And will Reed be able to accept all parts of Kori's life after Blake?
 
You have to pick up this book you will not be disappointed!  I can't wait for Gavin's story in Finding Gavin coming 2015! But there is one problem Kori's heart is broken can he handle piecing her back together?  Will she let him?
 
 
C.A. Harms
 
C.A. Harms is like any other addicted reader. She enjoys happy endings and HEA love stories. She hasn't always been a lover of Romance and had once been addicted to a good Mystery. Just recently she has taken on a new liking and now is a full blown Romance novel addict. She lives in Illinois and enjoys spending time with her husband and two children. You will always find her with her kindle or paperback in hand as it is her favorite pass time.
 
 
 
 
IndieSage PR