Sunday, February 25, 2018

Review Tour: Nasu by Jet Lupin

AVAILABLE NOW!!

Go to work. Come home. Repeat. Simple, uncomplicated, boring, but it was Phil's love, and he liked it that way. So what if he sometimes woke up with an ache in his chest that wouldn't go away because his ex broke up with him over cereal? He was a big boy. He moved on because he had to. But nosey friends and fate won't let him be.

One night, when he's forced to have fun, he meets Shige, who's far too enigmatic to really be interested in him. There must be some catch…

50 years have passed outside while Shige’s kept himself locked away, tired of the worlds of humans and vampires. He just wanted to be left alone to collect dust. But all that changed when he ventured out on a whim and meets Phil, setting them on an arduous path that will change them both.

This love won't be easy for either of them, rife with distrust and danger from without and within, but if they survive, they might be stronger for it.


This isn't your typical vampire story, but that being said, it is a good one. Forced into vacation, Phil goes out one night and meets Shige, who isn't everything he seems to be. What follows is an adventure that Phil never expected.

The book overall is well-written, but there were times when I think it lagged. In addition, it took me a while to actually connect with Shige, while I connected with Phil immediately.  Eventually though, I did find what I was looking for and although he isn't my favorite, character, I do like him. I think there are always those characters in a lot of books though. They keep things interesting at times. I did enjoy the story and do recommend reading it. 4 stars and suggest you one click this today! I plan on reading more from this author in the future.